The Ranting Redneck

Wednesday, September 07, 2005


He’s just like a catfish: All mouth and no brains.
.
Dumbass of the Month Nominee #2: Lt. General Russell Honore
.
The media can get as jacked up about this guy as they want- I suppose they think he’s black enough- but he doesn’t impress me one bit. Stomping around an intersection- with cameras in tow- chomping a cigar, cussing enlisted men, and doing anything else that he thinks will make him look like a tough guy won’t inspire anyone.
.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m old school. I like more Patton and less patent leather in the military but this guy ain’t pulling it off. I’ve had more than a few R rated conversations with subordinates but you do that type of thing, if necessary, IN PRIVATE. Not in front of the other men.
.
I’ve got 15 years of military experience under my belt and I can tell you exactly what the guy on top of the Hummer whom Honore barked at was thinking after the General made sure to embarrass him on national television by hollering like a mental patient “Put that God damn weapon down!” I’ve been on the receiving end of the same bullshit a number of times- a wannabe officer with little man syndrome and a chip on his shoulder trying to give the appearance he knows half of what the hell is going on. That trooper thought, “You know, here I am volunteering to come down and lend a hand and this asshole takes a big shit on me for doing it. Take your three stars and wipe your ass with them, buddy- to hell with this.” He probably is looking to catch the first ride out of there back home.
.
That was a courageous kid going out of his way to do an honorable thing. You don’t jump his ass for it. That same trooper likely made up his mind about re-enlisting right there on the spot. Anytime the Army doesn’t make its recruiting goals, it isn’t because of the deployments, combat, time away from home, low pay or any of the other stuff. It is because of douche bags like Lt. General Coonass. Confidence is not a substitute for intelligence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home